Reposted from the National AJET Site:
AJET Relief and Donations
AJET would like to announce that we will be collecting money to specifically address JET needs in areas affected by the earthquake and tsunami. We also encourage donations to relief efforts directed at the community at large (JEN: http://tinyurl.com/4sp8mba; Peace Winds Japan: http://www.peace-winds.org/en/; or Good Neigbours: http://tinyurl.com/4f6gtas), however the AJET Relief Fund will provide donations directly to JETs in affected areas, with advice from Prefectural Advisors in prefectures such as Akita, Chiba, Fukushima, Ibaraki, Iwate and Miyagi to ensure that this money is used in the most efficient way possible.
As the relief effort is still in its early stages, the needs of affected JETs have not yet been fully assessed. National AJET expects to address some of these needs as they arise; shelter, food and water will be top priorities. The AJET Relief fund will also be used to help JETs rebuild their lives after the immediate danger has passed. For updates or questions about the distribution of AJET Relief funds, make sure to e-mail email@example.com.
To donate to the AJET Relief Fund:
Visit your local bank to make a bank transfer (furikomi).
Bank: Japan Post Bank (ゆうちょ銀行)
Account name: “AJET Relief.” （AJETリリーフ）
(If you have never made a furikomi transfer before, please see more complete instructions at the end).
Presently, the AJET Relief Fund is only accepting monetary donations. Information on volunteering during your spring break, as well as organisations to contact, will be announced shortly.
AJET would like to encourage JETs in affected areas to consult the Couch Surfing website http://www.couchsurfing.org for their accommodation needs at present. If no suitable accommodation is available, please contact your National AJET Representative.
Hokkaido, Aomori, Iwate, Akita: firstname.lastname@example.org (Claire Gittens)
Miyagi, Yamagata, Fukushima, Niigata: email@example.com (Brianna Harris)
Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Nagano: firstname.lastname@example.org (Denise Schlickbernd)
Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Yamanashi, Shizuoka: email@example.com (Erica Nakanishi-Stanis)
Detailed furikomi instructions:
ATMs for different banks may vary, but the process/buttons should be fairly similar.
1) At the ATM, choose お振込 (ofurikomi: transfer money to another bank)
2) If you wish to furikomi by bank card, press キャシュカード (cash card)
3) Insert your bank card and enter your pin number.
4) Choose 振込先入力 (furikomisakinyuryoku) to input the AJET Relief (AJETリリーフ) bank information (since you don’t have a furikomi card).
5) Enter the bank — Choose ゆうちょ銀行 (Japan Post)
6) Choose the Branch: 四五八店(ヨンゴハチ店)
7) Enter the account type: 普通 (Ordinary)
8 ) Enter the account number: 1933601
9) Press: 確認 (kakunin: Confirm)
10) Enter your full name.
11) Enter your phone number
12) Enter the amount of money that you would like to transfer.
13) There’ll be a confirmation page, please check that all the details you entered are correct. Press 確認 to confirm.
14) It will ask if you would like to make a furikomi card. You can press no (unless you think you will make another donation to the AJET Relief Fund).