Thanks to Bill, Kate, and Rina for the information!
There are two workshops in Fukui-ken at the end of July that some of you might be interested in. For those of you who took the paper-making class in May, Rina, the woman who taught it, is the organizer. They will both be held about 20 minutes south of Fukui City in Echizen 越前.
The first workshop is a 5-day Japanese woodblock printing (hanga 版画) workshop. This workshop will feature lessons by Yoshiko HASHIZUME from Beijing.
Date : July 26th – July 30th (four nights)
Participants : limited to ten people without hanga experience
Cost : 58,300 yen
The fee includes
- 20 prints from Ichibei Iwano and Shohachi Yamaguchi
- hanga tools to use during the workshop; you may take them home with you afterward.
- Accomodation in a traditional Japanese house for four nights; rooms will be shared.
- Trips to other paper studios in Echizen
- Transportation from JR Takefu 武生駅 to Echizen Washi Village
The second workshop is a 2-3 hour paper-making workshop that teaches the traditional Japanese method (washi 和紙). This will be like the previous washi workshop in May.
Date: July 31, 2010 afternoon
Fee: 2500 yen
Rina has mentioned that the weather will likely be hot and humid, so plan accordingly.
If you’re interested in either workshop, please contact Rina directly at jiyomon-washi AT herb DOT ocn DOT ne DOT jp to sign up or for more information.