Photo: Wide Island View
Wide Island View, the Hiroshima JET webzine, is running another photo contest with even better prizes than before!
This time, they’re looking for your Spring photos taken in Japan during the past 6 months, so get yourself over to their website to get a complete list of rules and regulations.
This season, prizes come courtesy of White Rabbit Press, which creates excellent Japanese learning materials (I know, because I have a set of their kanji flashcards — they’re lovely). Winners will also have their photos featured on Englipedia. As last time, even if your photo doesn’t earn you a prize, it may end up featured in the Shashin Spotlight on the WIV website, showing off your fine photography skills.
By the way… Ishikawa JETs represented 6 of the 33 photos submitted to their previous contest — aaaaand our very own Gregory took 2nd place, which is all kinds of awesome. Hope we can outdo our previous numbers and make those Hiroshima-folk learn where we are on the map!
– Photos must be set in Japan
– Photos must be Spring photos
– Photos must have been taken in the past 6 months (and given that Spring is just barely starting to show itself, I’m guessing you’ll have taken these photos in the past two weeks…)
– You must have taken the photo you submit
– Photo must be at least 1,200 pixels on one side (most cameras do this).
– You can only submit one photo!
Submission Deadline: May 15th
Submit your photo and details to wivcontests (at) gmail (dot) com. Title the email “Spring Photo Contest 2010”
Be sure to include a title for your photo, your full name, if you’re a JET or not, your Japanese hometown, where the photo was taken, and a brief description.
Start looking through your photos now and help represent Ishikawa!