Ishikawa AJET has decided to create a cookbook! The aim is to create an English cookbook full of (mostly) healthy recipes that you can easily make in Japan using Japanese ingredients and Japanese kitchen equiptment.
Got a recipe?
– You need to have successfully made this recipe in Japan.
– Recipes must use METRICS. Here’s a link to a great online recipe converter.
– Simple recipes are great (ex. making miso from miso paste, making curry from curry roux) because it’s hard to find English instructions for these things.
– Please submit fairly healthy recipes.
– Please submit recipes for speacialized diets, too! (meat-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan, etc.)
– Ingredients should be available to all people in Japan (even those in the remote Noto!). If you ordered an item from a particular website, please note it!
– If you can provide extra notes, please do. For example, if you know the Japanese word for an ingredient, please include it!
– The book will be in English, but if you have a recipe in Japanese and don’t wish to translate, some friendly translators have offered to do that for you.
Submit your recipes via email to: leah [DOT] zoller [AT] gmail [DOT] com. I know she’ll appreciate it!
Deadline for submissions: March 31st, 2010.
Want to help out another way?
– Volunteer to be a taste-tester! They need volunteers to try out making these recipes in their own home to be sure they’re user-friendly.
– Help out with other aspects (graphic designing, editing assistance, creating an index, etc.)
Contact Leah at: leah [DOT] zoller [AT] gmail [DOT] com