Kanazawa City Residents Marathon 2012
August 31, 2012
Posted by on
For all the runners out there
The 19th Kanazawa City Residents Marathon (第19回金沢市民マラソン) will take place on November 11th this year.
The races available are: 3km, 5km, and 10km. There is no half or full marathon, despite the name. There are also family races available for families with children of elementary school age.
Entry Period: Now until October 5th 2012
Entry Fee: ¥2000 (+¥200 handling fee). Only one race can be entered per person.
Entry Process: You can enter online via jtbsports.jp (you need to sign in for free & search the race) or via post office furikomi money form. You can find the form in the first PDF at the bottom of the page here:
Where: 金沢市営陸上競技場 (Kanazawa-shi-ei Rikujo-kyogi-jo)
Reception: 10 November, 10am – 5pm, and 11 November 6:30 – 7:20am.
Opening Ceremony: 7:20am
Race Start: 10km course @ 8am, 5km course @ 8:10am, 3km course for general public (not school students) 9:49am.
Time Limit (10km course only): Those runners who have not passed the 5km mark 40 minutes after the start (i.e. at 8:40am), and/or the 6.6km mark in 50 minutes, will be disqualified.
- Runners who complete their race will receive a completion certificate
- Each runner will receive a DIY health check form, to be handed in at reception when receiving your number cards.
- There is no parking at the event, but there will be allocated parking areas for use, as well as a shuttle bus to the event (from these, presumably).
- There will be a massage tent set up for any muscular inflamation or other sprains
- The 10km race runners will be organized at the start line into blocks according to their self-predicted race completion times
Please see the official site for more information (Japanese only):
So, who`s keen to “enjoying” running together?